What Can You Expect
at your first appointment:
Everyone experiences hearing loss differently. That’s why it’s important to visit a hearing specialist who is dedicated to getting to know you and helping you as an individual.
Before you come in for your first appointment, we will send you a confirmation the day before and give you directions on how to get to our office. If you didn’t print and fill out your paperwork beforehand, we will have you complete those forms in our office once you arrive.
1. To begin your appointment, we will bring you in for a consultation. We will go over the paperwork you completed and ask you some questions about your hearing, your health history, and your lifestyle.
2. We will perform an ear exam using a video otoscope to look inside your ears at your ear canal and eardrum. With the video otoscope you will be able to see inside your own ears and see what we see.
3. After the otoscope exam, we perform a hearing test. This includes a pure tone test and speech recognition testing.
4. We will go over the results of your hearing test with you and explain what your audiogram means. We carry demo hearing aids in our office and will show you what hearing aids look like, how small they are, and how they will perform.
5. If you decide to move forward with hearing aids, we will fit them to your unique ear shape and schedule you to come back in for a follow-up appointment in two weeks.